Hinge Health, provider of a digital musculoskeletal clinic for physical therapy, has acquired wrnch, developer of a computer vision platform for measuring human motion, it announces on its website.
wrnch’s three-dimensional motion-tracking technology is designed to enable the same precise tracking of full-body movement used by elite athletes and the motion picture industry.
With this acquisition, Hinge Health now has reportedly the largest computer vision team in digital health, per the announcement.
Combining motion sensors and computer vision enables Hinge Health’s digital physical therapy solution to do the following:
- Motion assessments to objectively measure a patient’s functional ability across strength, flexibility, balance, and endurance to inform care plan personalization
- Expanded exercise tracking as computer vision and motion sensors together enable the widest range and measurement of full-body exercises, including yoga and aerobics
- Enhanced clinical care programs that improve rehab of difficult-to-treat areas, such as the head, neck, and hands, by tracking 87 unique points on the body
Hinge Health continues to pioneer new standards in personalized MSK care by pairing a comprehensive clinical care team with the industry’s most advanced technology portfolio:
- Computer vision and motion sensors for exercise therapy and motion assessments
- Hinge Health Enso, a groundbreaking wearable technology for immediate noninvasive and nonaddictive pain relief
- HingeConnect for bridging the gap between in-person and digital MSK care and enabling real-time interventions by integrating health data with 750,000+ providers
“We built wrnch into the world’s leading artificial intelligence and computer vision R&D lab to understand human motion, shape, and intent. I’m so excited to combine our artificial intelligence technology with Hinge Health’s Digital MSK Clinic to improve clinical outcomes for millions of members.”
— Dr. Paul A. Kruszewski, founder and CEO of wrnch
“We won’t stop investing in technology to deliver the most patient-centered digital clinic that improves member experience and outcomes while reducing costs. wrnch allows us to take a giant leap forward in all respects.”
— Hinge Health cofounder and CEO Daniel Perez
[Source: Hinge Health]
Hinge Health Study Sees Generation Gap in Digital Physical Therapy Usage
Hinge Health Launches Hinge Connect to Bridge the Digital/In-Person Divide
Hinge Health and Carrum Health Unveil Integrated MSK Solution for Employers