Theragun, the device, has enjoyed a recent run of popularity that has made Theragun, the company, a victim of its success. The company wanted to expand is technology footprint without being attached to one particular device, so a name change was in order.
Now hear this: Theragun (the company) has rebranded to Therabody.
In addition to the rebranding announcement, the company is launching Theragun’s 4th-generation percussive massage devices with the introduction of the brand’s new proprietary motor using QuietForce Technology and Smart Percussive Therapy, integrating with the updated Therabody app.
While Theragun Percussive Therapy devices will continue to deliver its signature 16 mm of amplitude, speed of 2400 percussions per minute, and power providing deep muscle treatment, each device now operates at the same quiet sound level of less powerful vibration therapy devices and similar to the sound of an electric toothbrush, according to the company.
In addition to the new 4th generation percussive massage therapy devices, the brand also developed and launched Smart Percussive Therapy devices with Bluetooth capabilities, that enable consumers to use their smartphone to activate wellness routines created by Therabody’s education division, Theragun University, based on the user’s health activity data through the Therabody app.
The Therabody app also provides routines based on ailments, body parts, and activities showing the specific muscle, ideal length of time, most effective speed, and the amount of pressure that should be applied. The Therabody app can control and customize the device’s speed, and users can save their favorite wellness routines directly to presets stored on their Theragun devices for quick and easy access if they are not near a mobile device. All previous Theragun Percussive Therapy models will also be able to be used with the Therabody app, a media release from the company explains.
“When we wanted to develop our 4th generation line, we sought to invent the most quiet, yet effective percussive massage therapy device that could be found on the market while not having to sacrifice quality or performance,” said Benjamin Nazarian, CEO of Therabody. “We’ve spent years perfecting and creating our own proprietary motor that would still deliver both results and our signature Theragun feeling.”
New in its entirety to the Theragun family, are the Theragun mini and Wave Roller. For consumers on-the-go, the Theragun mini is a portable treatment packed with power, allowing consumers to utilize a Theragun anytime and anywhere, while the Wave Roller with Bluetooth can be used to accelerate a warm-up or aid recovery.
The 4th generation Theragun portfolio is comprised of the following devices, the release continues. These include:
- Theragun PRO – Top-of-the-line, powerfully quiet commercial-grade deep muscle treatment meets personalized, guided app experiences that help to reduce muscle soreness, improve mobility, and increase relaxation. Features include a rotating arm, OLED screen, 2 swappable batteries for continuous run-time, 5 hours of battery life, wireless charging and a 2-year warranty.
- Theragun Elite– Launching in black and coming soon in white, the elegantly designed ultimate wellness partner is quieter than ever. With an OLED screen and wireless charging the Theragun Elite integrates a personalized app experience to reduce tension.
- Theragun Prime – With the intuitive app as a guide, the Theragun Prime offers deep muscle treatment simplified for any need with the essential percussive therapy features to release everyday stress and strain.
- Theragun mini – *NEW* to the Theragun family, Theragun mini is the pocket-sized partner, giving Theragun quality muscle treatment with portability. It is small enough to fit into a laptop bag or purse.
- Wave Roller – Launching this summer, the newest member of the whole-body wellness line is a smart vibrating foam roller to help accelerate a warm-up, aid in recovery, increase blood flow, enhance mobility, and release tension any time. The device’s signature wave pattern works with the vibration to actively manipulate the tissue for a more effective muscle stimulation. Features include 2.5 hours of battery life and the ability to integrate with the Therabody app.
Additionally, the new 4th generation Theragun PRO, Theragun Elite, and Wave Roller offer wireless charging capabilities for more convenient charging at home or in a commercial setting, the release continues.
Attachments for the percussive therapy devices are compatible across the entire product line. The non-porous closed-cell foam allows for easy cleaning of attachments with disinfectant wipes.
[Source(s): Therabody, PR Newswire]