BetterPT announces the integration of an option for telehealth services when requesting appointments. By clicking on the REQUEST TELEHEALTH button provided on the clinic’s site or within betterpt.com, patients will be able to contact clinics directly to schedule a virtual appointment on BetterTelehealth.
Benefits of the new BetterTelehealth include:
- Availability through desktop, tablets, and mobile devices
- Allows for scheduling flexibility
- No need to download an app or create an account to use platform
- HIPAA-compliant video capability
- Appointment reminders 60 and 15 minutes prior to start times
- No travel or in-person contact necessary to hold session (eliminates transmission of illnesses)
- Ability to treat injuries of all types virtually
- Allows for private sessions where patient comfort is paramount
With the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus, healthcare providers are adapting to the needs of their patients in ways that will allow them to continue caring for and treating medical issues without compromising the future health of patients or providers. Telehealth allows patients to work with physical therapy professionals when they cannot or choose not to leave their homes in order to practice social distancing.
This option also provides additional benefits to patients by offering quality care remotely, improving their access to care and ensuring that whenever possible, there is no disruption to the prescribed schedule of therapy appointments. For patients, establishing a routine with their care is necessary for positive outcomes, BetterPT explains in a media release.
For more information, visit BetterPT.
Source(s): BetterPT, Newswire]