NeurologyLive Giants of Multiple Sclerosis inductees, from left to right: Lacey E. Bromley, PT, DPT, PhD, NCS (accepting on behalf of the late Susan E. Bennett, PT, DPT, EdD, NCS, MSCS); Kathleen Brandfass, MS, PT; Peter A. Calabresi, MD; Nancy Ross, PharmD, BCACP, MSCS, CSP; Valerie Stickel-Diehl, RN, MS, MSCN; Frederick W. Foley, PhD; June Halper, MSN, APN-C, MSCN, FAAN; Victor M. Rivera, MD, FAAN; and David Li, MD, FRCPC. Not present: Ellen S. Lathi, MD and T. Jock Murray, OC, ONS, MD, FAAN, MACP, FACPC, FRCP, FCAHS
NeurologyLive and the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers (CMSC) announce the inaugural class of Giants of Multiple Sclerosis inductees. Giants of Multiple Sclerosis is a premier neuroscience award that celebrates pioneers, innovators and future generations of leaders selected by their peers for their remarkable achievements in multiple sclerosis.
The award ceremony, supported by Atara Bio and Bristol Myers Squibb, took place on Thursday, June 2, 2022, during the CMSC Annual Meeting at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Md.
Launched in 2021, the Giants of Multiple Sclerosis program recognizes individuals who have reached landmark successes within the field of multiple sclerosis. Out of many nominations, the steering committed selected only nine multiple sclerosis health care professionals to join the prestigious 2022 inaugural class.
The Giants of Multiple Sclerosis steering committee is a group of health care professionals – all giants in their own right – who came together to provide guidance to NeurologyLive on the development of this new recognition initiative. The steering committee selects the finalists and, ultimately, the inductees in each category from the nominations submitted late last year.
“We’d like to congratulate each and every single member of this year’s class of inductees on this enormous honor,” said Mike Hennessy Jr., president and CEO of MJH Life Sciences, the parent company of NeurologyLive. “It is no surprise that these health care professionals were recognized for their contributions to multiple sclerosis and dedication to this vital practice. They are all pioneers and leaders within the multiple sclerosis community.”
The 2022 honorees by award category are as follows:
- Global Impact: Victor M. Rivera, MD, FAAN – Baylor College of Medicine
- Mental Health: Frederick W. Foley, PhD – Yeshiva University/Holy Name Medical Center
- Neuroimaging: David Li, MD, FRCPC – University of British Columbia
- Neurology: T. Jock Murray, OC, ONS, MD, FAAN, MACP, FACPC, FRCP, FCAHS – Dalhousie University MS Research Unit
- Nursing: Valerie Stickel-Diehl, RN, MS, MSCN – Ruan Neurology at MercyOne Hospital
- Patient Care: Ellen S. Lathi, MD – The Elliot Lewis Center for Multiple Sclerosis Care
- Pharmacy: Nancy Ross, PharmD, BCACP, MSCS, CSP – The Multiple Sclerosis Center of Atlanta
- Research: Peter A. Calabresi, MD – Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Rehabilitation: Kathleen Brandfass, MS, PT – UPMC/Centers for Rehab Services
The Giants of Multiple Sclerosis steering committee, NeurologyLive and CMSC also honored two individuals for their contributions:
- The Giants of Multiple Sclerosis Legacy Award: The late Susan E. Bennett, PT, DPT, EdD, NCS, MSCS – Bennett Rehabilitation Institute/University at Buffalo/D’Youville University; accepted by Lacey E. Bromley, PT, DPT, PhD, NCS, on behalf of Dr. Bennett
- The Giants of Multiple Sclerosis Visionary Award: June Halper, MSN, APN-C, MSCN, FAAN – The Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers
[Source(s): NeurologyLive, GlobeNewswire]