Digital musculoskeletal solution SWORD Health announces a strategic collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) to advance research around digital physical therapy and to support Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) within the PT profession.
SWORD is also committed to collaborating on policy initiatives to improve and standardize direct access laws at the state level, with national payers and in federal programs and to improve licensure mobility and portability by improved utilization of the national physical therapy licensure compact.
“APTA has been at the forefront in actively working towards reducing inequalities and barriers to care for most of its 100 year history. SWORD Health’s continued resolve to support efforts to shine a brighter light around physical therapy, uphold the profession’s standards, promote its efficacy and need and propel the profession further is fully aligned with our mission.” says Justin Moore, CEO of APTA. “SWORD’s initiative to fund APTA’s efforts in driving new models of care and opening avenues for underserved communities is something we look towards with excitement.”
SWORD will commit at least $100,000 on an annual basis, which will entail contributions to :
- APTA’s research partner, The Foundation for Physical Therapy Research, in the form of grants to explore digital approaches and quality of care of digital practices;
- The PT Fund, to sponsor scholarships for individuals from underrepresented minorities to pursue careers in physical therapy and to achieve certification as specialists in Women’s Health.
SWORD Health will also collaborate with APTA on its ChoosePT platform to raise awareness toward the benefits of physical therapy in addressing MSK conditions as well as advocacy efforts to reduce barriers to accessing PT and integrating digital and hybrid care models in clinical practice.
“We are very proud and honored to collaborate with APTA in propelling a digital transformation that can benefit the profession and pave the way for a more sustainable, equitable healthcare system. As a pioneering company in the digital MSK space, we are compelled to invest in a significant program to address inequalities in access to care and create scholarships for individuals from underrepresented minorities to pursue careers in Physical Therapy,” states Dr. Vijay Yanamadala, Chief Medical Officer.
SWORD Health is uniquely positioned in the digital MSK space, as it is:
- The most clinically rigorous solution, where 100% of clinical care is provided by PTs, licensed in all states across the US.
- The most validated digital MSK solution, with the most number of peer-reviewed publications and randomized controlled trials
- The most comprehensive digital MSK solution, including sensor base technology and video motion capture technology for back, neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee and ankle, and now pelvic health with Bloom, a unique solution to address women’s physical health.
SWORD plans to further support APTA members through education, digital innovations and other collaborations through the association’s multiple initiatives.
[Source(s): SWORD Health, GlobeNewswire]